Monday, March 16, 2020

MY DATE DAY WITH JESUS!!


Ahh sisters,

I'm so excited to be sharing on this subject with you, because this is the life-support on which this organization is built.

Soo, what does my typical date day with Jesus look like?

Well, the first thing i do while planning to go on a date with Jesus is to search for and pick a calm, quiet and beautiful location where i can go with him uninterrupted, and then begin to plan ahead.

I keep consciously telling Jesus all the time leading up to that day that i am so excited about our DAY out together and that i cannot wait for it to come already. I deliberately remind him again and again (because he is my best friend) that i want him to talk a ton and tell me a lot so he should prepare all the gist and conversations he's been wanting us to have for that day.


So beautifully unreal!

Its like going on an actual date with a real human, only that this one is more exciting and magical!! (wink wink).

When it's due date, i grab my journal, pen, highlighter(optional), pocket Bible(a Bible app will still do), earphones to turn up some real worship music, my camera (in case i need to use my phone uninterrupted) and maybe sticker notes in case i need to emphasize on something. I wear my favorite outfit (that was picked by Jesus!), put on my make-up and some nice perfume, get me an Uber (b/c i don't want the hassle of public transport to destroy the atmosphere I've created for our date day, so yes, i include my Uber fare in my budget while planning. The sweetest thing is Jesus provides the money for me to go on our date way ahead of time, as long as i ask and keep asking. lol)

Then when I get to my selected location, I order some really nice, affordable meal, invite him to come join me, and then throw the conversation open. And boom! He starts to talk! (He loves to talk to us, but are we ready to isolate so that we can hear him?) He tells me things and i tell him things, because Jesus wants a relationship/friendship with us and wants it to be as real as it can get.


We generally don't have any off-topics, and i genuinely don't feel any pressure whatsoever to be my 'best-self' around him.

Naa.

I can be my real self with him and you can too.

We talk about EVERYTHING- How good or bad my day or week was, what i need money for and exactly how much i need, what plans he has for my life in the next couple of years...you name it. I laugh out loud, blush, gush, smile and experience all those various emotions i would experience when a physical person i truly love is with me.

It's real and possible.

Open your heart to the possibilities of you and Jesus being real life buddies!!

Going on this monthly date with Jesus is for me, among many other things very therapeutic. It's so sweet, warm sincere and a great way of bonding and growing in intimacy with my King Jesus. We are Queens and spending time with him daily is part of our JD. (job description).

Whether you are married, single, or in a relationship, this is applicable to every woman because your maker is first your husband before any other human being should be recognized.

"For thy maker is thy husband, the Lord of Hosts is his name.." Isaiah 54:5 (KJV)

PS: Remember that we are supposed to spend time/fellowship with Jesus everyday without a ceremony necessarily, but a date-day is to make memories and infuse a splash of creativity in our relationship with God. It's the same fellowship we have with him daily, but in a different setting and context.


Here are a few things a date day with Jesus does:

i) Helps us to see Jesus as a real person that wants a rich intimacy with us.

ii) Helps us hear him better/communicate with him more effectively. (I get a lot of questions about how to hear God. Isolated, alone time is one of the many ways!)

iii) Make fond memories with Jesus. (the exact same reason a real-life couple would do a date day too).

iv) Defeat the idea that you need a man to make you feel loved or special. Naa. Jesus is all you need and you have all you need.

It should be done as frequently as possible until it becomes your personal tradition.

Non- negotiables: Enthusiasm, Stillness & Concentration, An open heart, A system to capture his words. E.g. A notebook/journal.

Invest in your relationship with Abba, he is so worth it!! Save up if you have to, (the great thing is any budget works, just plan ahead) buy a cheap meal if you have to. Because it's not so much about what it costs you as much as it is about being INTENTIONAL in your relationship with Jesus.

Listen Sis, Jesus is soo bored of religion. He is tired of his women confining him to a box and limiting the scope of his existence. He wants to reveal himself in many dimensions to you, three of which are Father, friend and Lover! How gooooodddd is that?!?

Today he is asking you out on a date, would you oblige him? He can't wait to spoil you with love for the rest of your life, he is the bestttt lover you have ever known!

Signed: A real-life witness. (Wink**)

So, who is going on a date with Jesus soonest?!?!

I'll love to hear all about it so share your stories and email me pictures so i can share some of them and everyone will be inspired. Plan, execute, and come testify!!

MEDITATION SCRIPTURE: Mark 1:35

Apologies: This mail came so late cos i had an all night prayer chain with my church family + a busy saturday + Lagos power issues. It is well. lol

A few good things:

-I'm on YouTube!! How exciting is that? I will be posting short amazing messages there every now and then as the Lord drops it on my heart to, so kindly head on there and hit SUBSCRIBE so that i can keep you informed. Let's keep doing life together. Subscribe here: https://youtu.be/ifSMuRBxPJ8


-If you love your Sister friends like i do, you will invite them to join Queen on Wings Movement. Share this link: https://bit.ly/37J8Bzh


-If you haven't seen the YouTube video i made for you in the course of the week, check it out here: https://youtu.be/ifSMuRBxPJ8

That will be all for now.


PS: Below are a few photos from my date with Jesus this week, and i had it with a sister-friend who is also a part of this family. Haha. Bimbs of life!!
 
Love you Sisters, always!!

Abba loves you very much.
Cheers,
Reg.

No comments:

Post a Comment